- Successive differentiation
- Leibritiz Theorem
- Taylors theorem with Lagranges forms of remainders
- Expansion of a function of one variable in Taylors and Meclanrin’s infinite series.
- Maxima and Minima of one variable
- Partial Derivatives
- Euler’s theorem
- change of variables
- total differentiation
- Errors and approximation. Taylors series in two variables.
- Maxima and Minima of two or more variable
- Definite integral and its application for area
- Length and volume.
- Multiple integrals.
- Change of order of integration.
- Transformation of integral from Cartesian to polar.
- Applications in areas
- Volume and surfaces.
- First degree and first order Differential equation
- Higher order differential equation with constant coefficients.
- Linear partial differential equation of first order P.D.E. of higher with constant coefficients.
||Introduction to Computer Science
||Introduction To Computers
- Characteristics of computers
- Evolution of computers Generation of Computers
- Classification of Computers
- The Computer System
- Applications of Computers.
Number Systems And Logic Gates
- Number Systems
- Conversion between Number Bases
- Arithmetic System
- Signed and Unsigned Numbers
- Concept of Overflow
- Binary Coding
- Logic Gates
- Boolean algebra
- Combination of Logic Gates.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) Memory
- Communication between Various Units of a Computer System
- The Instruction Format
- Instruction Set
- Processor Speed
- Multiprocessor Systems
- Memory Hierarchy
- Random Access Memory (RAM)
- Types of RAM
- Read Only Memory (ROM)
- Types of ROM.
- Classification of Secondary Storage Devices
- Magnetic Tape
- Magnetic Disk
- Optical Disk
- Magneto Optical disk
- Pointing Devices
- Speech Recognition
- Digital Camera
- Optical Scanners.
- Classification of Output
- Hard Copy Output Devices
- Computer Output Microfilm (COM)
- Soft Copy Output Devices
- Audio Output
- Developing a Program
- Psedocode (P-Code).
- Evolution of Programming Languages
- Classification of Programming Languages
- Generations of Programming Languages
- Features of a Good Programming Language
- Selection of a Programming Language.
- Computer Software Introduction
- Software Definition
- Relationship between Software and Hardware
- Software Categories
- System Software
- Application Software
- Software Terminology.
- Operating System,
- Evolution of Operating System
- Types of Operating System
- Functions of an Operating System
- Modern Operating Systems.
Data Communication And Computer Network
- Data Communication
- Transmission Media
- Computer Network
- Network Topologies,
- Communication Protocols
- Network devices.
- Evolution of Internet
- Basic Internet Terms
- Getting Connected to Internet
- Internet Applications, Electronic Mail : An Introduction How E-Mail Works
- Searching the Web (Search Engines),
- Languages of Internet, Internet and Viruses.
||Programming in C
- History and Importance of C
- Sample programming
- Basic Structure and execution of C programmes, Constants
- Variables and Data Types and various type of declarations
- Different type operators and Expressions,
- Evaluation of Expressions, Operator Precedence and Associability,
- Mathematical Functions.
- Managing Input and Output operations,
- Decision Making and Branching Decision Making and Looping.
- One – dimensional Arrays and their declaration and Initialisations,
- Two-dimensional Arrays and their initialisations,
- Multidimensional Arrays,
- Dynamic Arrays,
- String Variables,
- Reading and Writing Strings,
- Arithmetic Operations on characters,
- Putting Strings together,
- Comparison of Two Strings,
- String – handling functions,
- Table and other features of Strings.
- Need and Elements for user –defined Functions,
- Definition of Functions,
- Return values and their types,
- Function calls and Declaration,
- Arguments and corresponding return values,
- Functions that return multiple values,
- Nesting of functions, Recursion,
- Passing arrays and strings to functions,
- The Scope,
- Visibility and Life time of variables.
- Multidisciplinary nature of environmental science, Definition,
- Importance and need for public awareness.
Ecology and Environment:
- Concept of an ecosystem,
- structure and function of an ecosystem,
- consumer and decomposer,
- energy and nutrient flow biogeochemical cycles,
- food chain,
- food web,
- Ecological pyramid.
- Environmental Pollution : Segments of environment, sources,
- pathways and fate of
- environmental pollutants, causes of environmental pollution,
- and biological transformation of pollutants,
- population explosion, environment and human health,
- human rights,
- value education,
- Women and child welfare.
- Various segments of atmosphere and their significance,
- classification of air pollutions,
- toxic effects,
- sampling and analysis,
- stationary and mobile emission,
- sources and their control, photochemical smog,
- sulphurous smog,
- green house effect,
- global warning,
- ozone depletion
- Water resources sources of water pollution,
- various pollutants,
- their toxic effect,
- portability of water, municipal water supply, disinfection,
- characteristics of waste water,
- primary and secondary waste water treatment,
- BOD and COD measurement and their significance,
- rain water harvesting,
- water shed management, Water (pollution and control) Act.
Natural Resources and Biodiversity:
- Renewable and non renewable resources,
- Forest resource,
- consequences of deforestation,
- floods and draughts,
- equitable use of resources for sustainable development,
- Dams benefits and problems,
- Biodiversity Ecosystem diversity,
- Theans to biodiversity,
- Conservation of biodiversity.
||Communication Skills / Technical English
- Stages of Communication,
- Essentials of Good / Effective Communication,
- Benefits of Good Communication,
- Gaps in Communication,
- Communication and Information Technology.
- Structure of a Letter,
- Inquiry Letter,
- Sales Letter,
- Order Letter,
- Complaint Handling, Telemarketing.
Government Correspondence :
- Routine Letter,
- Demi-Official Letter Memorandum,
- Report Writing,
- Scientific Paper Writing, Writing Small Paragraphs & Essays,
- Sentence Structure, Idiomatic Usage of Language,
- Direct & Indirect Parts of
- Active & Passive Voice, Vocabulary.
Selected Short Stories:
- 2-3 classic short stories,
- 2-3 great short stories by Indian writers.
Preparation for Job :
- Writing Applications for Jobs,
- Preparing Curriculum Vitae,
- Preparing for Interviews,
- Preparing for Group Discussions.